About Winton Tennis Club
Winton Tennis Club was established in 1991, and is based at Winton Recreation Ground in Fitzharris avenue, about a mile north of Bournemouth town centre. The site has six hard courts, which are managed by the West Hants tennis club, and in addition to use by the club, they are also available for public use via the Tennis in the park programme. There are car parking spaces within the grounds, and additional parking in the street nearby.
Here are some of the benefits of club membership.
- Three adult playing sessions per week (two in the winter). Balls are provided by the club for the sessions.
- Free use of courts for members own matches using the keyfob system.
- Box league singles competition which runs all through the year.
- Three club tournaments per year, two doubles and one singles.
- Play for the club in the Dorset league and Aegon team tennis league.
- Coaching is available in some playing sessions.
- Free membership of British Tennis.
- Entry into the Wimbledon ticket Ballot if a member of British Tennis.
- Floodlighting on four courts for evening play.
Junior Coaching is very popular here at the Club and every Half Term and School Holiday there are Junior sessions Our Junior Night has lots of different age group or ability sessions. Contact us to arrange.
Junior Members are welcome there are a lot of opportunities for you to play with other Juniors and Adult members – we offer plenty of opportunity for team tennis too both in Junior and Adult Teams. Junior and younger team members often “help” out with play in adult teams which is a great learning curve for them.
We often use smaller racquets and slower balls, children will gain confidence through immediate progress. The fundamentals are taught in a fun and exciting atmosphere. Junior
racquets are provided but children can also bring their own. Please note most children will require a smaller racquet (we have had some turning up with full-size adult frames and this hinders their progress and enjoyment). Speak to our coach or your local tennis retailer on which size to get. You can also use this sizing table from perfect tennis (external site) which tells you all you need to know about racquets for junior players and when to transition to full size.