About Winton Tennis Club
Winton Tennis Club was established in 1991, and is based at Winton Recreation Ground in Fitzharris avenue, about a mile north of Bournemouth town centre. The site has six hard courts, which are managed by the West Hants tennis club, and in addition to use by the club, they are also available for public use via the Tennis in the park programme. There are car parking spaces within the grounds, and additional parking in the street nearby.
Here are some of the benefits of club membership.
- Three adult playing sessions per week (two in the winter). Balls are provided by the club for the sessions.
- Free use of courts for members own matches using the keyfob system.
- Box league singles competition which runs all through the year.
- Three club tournaments per year, two doubles and one singles.
- Play for the club in the Dorset league and Aegon team tennis league.
- Coaching is available in some playing sessions.
- Free membership of British Tennis.
- Entry into the Wimbledon ticket Ballot if a member of British Tennis.
- Floodlighting on four courts for evening play.
New members are always welcome at the club, and three types of membership are available. Non-members may play in club sessions for a limited time before taking out a membership.